Oswego - Fox House
The Oswego - Fox House was built in the 1870s by the Fox family, ancestors of the Cutter family from Oswego. The house was located 1/2 mile south of Oswego on Rt. 71. It was moved to the Lyon Farm Village in 1975.
The Union School, District No. 42, was built in 1847 by subscription. It was originally located on Wheeler Rd. in Na-Au-Say Township. Pupils came from as far away as Plattville, 4 miles south. The first teacher was Dr. William P. Richardson, a graduate of Harvard, who taught the first Winter for no pay. The school was moved to the Lyon Farm Village in 1976.
The Plano Depot was built in Chicago and hauled to Plano on flatcars in the 1850s. It was built by the C. B. & Q. Railroad in Gothic-style architecture. The Depot was used until 1914 or 1915 when the new depot was built. At that time its location was moved ½ block east and it was used as a freight house and various businesses. It was moved to the Lyon Farm Village in 1978.
C. B. & Q. Caboose
The Caboose was built in the Aurora C. B. & Q. shops in 1918. It was used on the Fox River Line for 56 years. It was moved to the Lyon Farm Village in 1974.
Seward Town Hall
The Seward Town Hall was built in 1876 and 1877 for $500. It stood on the east bank of Au Sable Creek facing Rt. 52. In addition to serving as a town hall, it was used as a Congregational Church, basketball hall, and band practice site. It was moved to the Lyon Farm Village in 1976.
William Corrigan established an independent store known as Corrigan & Sons which operated in Plattville from 1919 until the late 1950s. The store carried a general merchandise line including Oliver Farm Machinery and agricultural implements. Construction of the Corrigan Store was completed on the Lyon Farm in 1986 using the original Corrigan Store Front.